It’s fast and simple : Tucky is placed under the child right armpit thanks to a double side hypoallergenic adhesive.
1) Check that Tucky is clean and that you didn’t applied moisturizer on the skin of the child.
2) Peel the adhesive from its white base and apply it on Tucky’s sensor side.
3) Peel the remaining protection and place Tucky under the armpit.
Thin and flexible, baby’s movements will not be restricted by Tucky.
The temperature display is colour coded, indicating whether the temperature is normal or not.
– Green : normal temperature (34.7°C to 37.3°C)
– Orange : high temperature (37.3°C to 38.4°C)
– Red : very high temperature (higher than 38.4°C)
– Grey : temperature not representative ( e.g. arm open)
The fever alert can be customised, indeed, the default “very high temperature” value is set at 38.4°C and this value can be adjusted by the user based on their child.
Tucky inform in real time the parents of the child’s position with an icon that indicates whether the baby is lying on his back, on his stomach or on his side. Thus they can control the position recommended by the pediatrician or doctor. You should know that if you place Tucky under the left armpit, the position’s pictograms will therefore be reversed.
The range is around 10 meters (32 feet). It may vary upon the nature of the obstacles that could interfere with the signal. If the connection is interrupted, the data is not lost. The data is stored by Tucky and sent as soon as the connexion is restored. The process is completely transparent for the user.
No. All the datas are transmitted to the smartphone via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) with extremely low power: 1.35mW (classic babyphone: 80-100Mw). These powers are considerably below from those recommended by WHO (World Health Organization).
Tucky takes 1 measure every minute. It does not emit any signal for 99.9% of the time.
Besides an intelligent antenna system reduces even more the level of the signal depending on the position of the child.
Tucky measures temperatures between 75.2°F and 111°F.
It’s important to know that axillary temperature is usually 0.6-0.7°Clower than rectal temperature. The accuracy of the measurement is part of the essential performances of this medical device. That performance is guaranteed by tests carried out under the ISO EN NF 80601-2-56 standard.
First of all, here is some information on the proper use of the product:
– Tucky measures the temperature of the axillary artery. It should therefore be placed as high as possible in the hollow of the armpit, and the child should be properly dressed.
– The exact temperature is obtained after keeping the arm closed for about ten minutes. It is then necessary to add 0.7°C to have the rectal equivalent.
– If the child’s arms are open for an extended period of time, the measured temperature may drop. The grey colour indicates that it is no longer representative. In this case, it is necessary to refer to the last highest peaks of the curve.
– The threshold for triggering the alert can be modified to suit the particularities of each child.
Here is the procedure to unblock Bluetooth connection problems:
– In the application, “dissociate” the Tucky from the child profile
– In the Bluetooth settings of the phone, “dissociate / forget” Tucky
– Switch off the Tucky (the LED flashes 1x), then switch it on again with a long press (5 seconds): the LED flashes slowly.
– Return to the Tucky application, go to “Home -> Account Settings -> Update Tucky” and press “Update Tucky”.
– Go back to the child profile, and “re-associate” Tucky
Tucky should be applied as soon as fever symptoms appear, and as long as temperature monitoring indicates fever.
It is recommended to change adhesive every 24 hours.
Use a cleansing cloth or cotton soaked with alcohol. Make sure the USB plug protective cap is on before cleaning Tucky.
It is rechargeable using the provided micro USB / USB cable: plug the micro USB connector to Tucky and the USB connector to any computer, tablette or AC plug adaptor.
Tucky has a battery life of approximatively one week. Charging time for 100% capacity is 1H30mn. A 15mn charge enables to use Tucky during approximatively 8 hours.
Tucky passed all the mechanical and thermal robustness tests of the ISO EN 60601-1-11 standard.
Nevertheless, Tucky is a medical device that must be handled with care. Its flexibility allows it to perfectly marry the child’s body but not be bent repeatedly.
Tucky is water resistant. It is recommended to remove it and to put it back on after bathing the child.
No. All materials used for Tucky and for the adhesive are bio-compatible. They have successfully passed sensitivity, irritation and cytotoxicity clinical testing to be applied on skin.
However, if you want you can place Tucky under the other armpit (left one) you should know that the pictograms of the child’s position will therefore be reversed.