Here's a tutorial to help you get your Tucky started.
1. Charging Tucky
2. Download the application & create a user account (La Poste Host)
- Download the free Tucky application (On iOS: Apple Store or on Adroid: Google Play)
- Create a user account by following steps described below.
This “La Poste” account is necessary to monitor Tucky’s data remotely (beyond 10 meters) on other phones. This is a secure and certified health cloud (HADS).
Note 1: Don’t remember your password? Click on “Forgotten password” and follow the steps indicated.
3. Create a patient profile & associate Tucky
- Turn on Tucky by pressing the On/Off button; the LED will flash for 2 seconds (6 times).
- Create a patient profile, where you can enter the patient’s first and last name as well as age, gender, weight, date of birth, height and the level at which the fever alert is triggered.
- In the settings of your phone/tablet, activate the Bluetooth® function.
Note: On iPhones, Tucky may not appear in the list of detected Bluetooth® devices. Simply turn on Bluetooth®, then exit your iPhone settings.
- In the application, select a profile, approach Tucky to the phone/tablet, press the “Pair” button and accept authorization requests. A temperature will be displayed in the banner.
Note: Once associated, Tucky will reconnect as soon as it is within signal range.
PS: You can connect at least 6 Tucky at the same time on all types of smartphones (not entry-level).
5. Place Tucky under the right armpit
To place Tucky, observe the following points:
- The micro-USB port must face down with the tab-cap closed and the sensor skin side.
- It should be positioned as high as possible under the right armpit.
Note: in case of hairiness, shave the area before applying the device.
For a better temperature measurement, wear light clothing and wait approximately 15 minutes with the arm closed until the temperature stabilizes.
PS: in case of heavy sweating and/or sports activity, here are the recommendations:
For better support, we recommend applying single-sided adhesive tape over Tucky.
- Cut a 5 cm strip of adhesive tape to a length of 8 cm.
- Apply it to the camera as shown below.
Comparative table of suggested brands:
This table is for information purposes only and is not mandatory.
The live Bluetooth distance is about 10 meters (from room to room).
The remote connection is possible using 2 devices (tablet / smartphone) :
- 1 “relay” device, designed to stay close to the child (5-10m) and transmit data to the cloud.
- 1 for remote monitoring, which displays information from the cloud
Download the Tucky application on both devices, and connect with the same login / mdp
If you’ve ever used Tucky with one of the devices, disassociate it from all devices
Turn off Tucky
On a first phone (relay):
- Download the Tucky application, and log in with your login / password
- Associate it with Tucky (Bluetooth connection) and leave it close to the child
Note: Make sure the internet connection is working, and the battery is full.
On a second phone:
- Log in to the Tucky application with the same login/password.
- Go to the profile and refresh the view (pull down).
Note: A cloud icon indicates that the data is from the cloud. There may be a delay of a few minutes in the display.
You can check that the alerts are transmitted to the 2 devices by pressing the “test alert” button within the profile.